Terrence Higgins Trust provides a range of varied complementary therapies to enhance the wellbeing of people living with HIV. They offer these services in a non-judgemental and non-discriminatory manner from their fully equipped treatment rooms, located at the offices in Kings Cross.
About the role: The aim of this role is to deliver a professional, high quality, and therapeutic complementary therapy service to people living with HIV. By offering treatments you will be helping to reduce side effects of long-term medication use, as well as helping to ease stress and anxiety.
THT are looking for fully qualified and insured complementary therapy volunteers who can provide one or more of the following complementary therapies:
- Massage Therapy
- Bowen Technique
Commitment: Two to three hours per week for a minimum of six months. Must be available to undertake online induction and safeguarding training.
Required skills and experience:
- At least one to two years of relevant experience
- Level of approved training and competence in therapy of choice
- Able to provide proof of qualifications and have insurance cover
- Ability to adapt and tailor therapies to ensure they are safe for everyone regardless of medical history
- Ability to empathise with people who may be emotional or vulnerable.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Enrolment in the Time Credits programme. For every hour that a volunteer gives they will receive 1 Time Credit. Time credits can be used towards attending events, courses, entertainment, and much more. For more information check out www.timecredits.com
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to and from the Terrence Higgins Trust office
- Learning and developing skills to add to your CV
- Training and regular supervision.
Location: 314-320 Gray’s Inn Road, London, WC1X 8DP.
For further information, please contact Adrian Martins at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7812 1806.
Please note that a DBS check will be required for this role. They are unable to accept DBS certificates from previous placements unless you are registered with the DBS update service.