Leaders in Oncology Care (LOC) is a London-based specialist cancer outpatient clinic. The LOC is seeking a Complementary Therapist who will be responsible for delivery of a range of complementary therapies, including reflexology and aromatherapy massage, to cancer patients who attend the LOC for chemotherapy. You will work as part of a dynamic and caring team of complementary therapists delivering services across two hospital sites.
Salary: Competitive + access to a range of flexible benefits including private healthcare and pension.
Duties & Responsibilities
• To provide aromatherapy massage and / or reflexology to patients with cancer
• To keep accurate records concerning the patients and their use of the service.
• To act as a resource and support to patients regarding the role of complementary therapy in helping
them to manage symptoms and side effects of cancer and its treatment.
• To receive regular supervision by the lead complementary therapist.
• To be able to demonstrate engagement in activities designed to continue professional development
such as attendance at study days.
• To carry out all work in a professional manner, in accordance with good practice standards and
relevant policies and legislation.
Skills and Experience
• Minimum of 3 years post registration experience, with at least 2 years in relevant speciality (working
with cancer patients)
• Participation in clinical supervision
• Experience of collaborating in audit and/or research
• Experience of collaborating with other agencies
• Knowledge of cancer and its management
• Evidence of continuous personal and professional development
• Awareness of recent legislation and recommendations in complementary therapies and changing health trends
• Ability to set and monitor standards.
• IT literate
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity in treating patients suffering from cancer
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage a caseload unsupervised
• Ability to work well as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
Closing date: 29 June 2018