Volunteer Opportunity at the Disability Foundation
The Disability Foundation seeks volunteer massage therapists and reflexologists
The Disability Foundation (TDF) seeks qualified therapists specialising in massage and reflexology, to work on a voluntary basis as part of its team of over 30 complementary therapists. CNHC registrants are welcome to apply.
TDF is a small registered charity based in the grounds of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, London. TDF offers affordable complementary therapies to anyone affected by a disability or chronic ill-health, their families, carers and NHS staff. They also treat the non-disabled public.
Available four hours per week. TDF is open Monday to Saturday – (availability to work on Thursday evenings particularly welcome)
- Commitment of six to nine months, or more
- Qualification - Level 3 or above
- Up to date insurance documents
- Satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service certificate (TDF will apply & pay on your behalf)
- Two satisfactory references
First-hand experience and practice working with disabled people, their carers and those with long-term health conditions
- Opportunities to volunteer at TDF’s profile-raising events
- Opportunities to volunteer on the Hospital Wards
- Occasional opportunities for paid Outreach work
- Mentoring and support from TDF’s experienced support team, including senior therapists and office staff
- Treatment room, towels and oils provided
- Client appointments arranged
- Hours worked contribute towards CPD points
- Travel expenses can be covered up to £15 per week
If you wish to apply please email email@example.com with your CV, specifying which therapy you would be able to offer & your expected availability.
Added: 2016-11-28 10:38:34.6
Back to news page
Search the Register
To find a local complementary therapist, enter your own postcode or town/city and select how many miles from there that you want to search.
You can narrow your search by selecting a particular type of therapy from the drop down list.
Alternatively you can search for a therapist by name.