UCLH in London seeks volunteer complementary therapist
UCLH is looking for experienced therapists who are able to deliver massage / reflexology / aromatherapy sessions to patients and their carers.
Volunteers can deliver sessions either to patients who have specifically requested a session or proactively offer their services on the wards. The service is available to patients and their carers. Therapists may either be based in specific areas/wards where they would have a specific line manager, or managed directly by the Volunteer Services Lead. Volunteers must be professionally qualified and have significant experience of delivering sessions in a healthcare setting
Qualifications and skills required
- To have studied and qualified in one or more of aromatherapy, massage, reflexology or reiki at a recognised college/school (ITEC equivalent) and have been practising your therapies for at least 1 year. Registration with CNHC is desirable.
- To have your own insurance
- Experience of delivering therapies in a health care setting/understanding of what this entails
- Adaptability: the ability to be able to adapt your therapy to a patient’s needs
- Self-sufficiency: the ability to operate with a minimal level of supervision
- To have a friendly and approachable manner
- To be understanding and flexible in responding to peoples’ needs
Term: 6 month commitment
Hours: 3 hours: 10 – 5pm weekdays
Location: Across UCLH, London
Closing date: 30 September 2016 23:59
Added: 2016-08-22 11:31:27.95
Back to news page
Search the Register
To find a local complementary therapist, enter your own postcode or town/city and select how many miles from there that you want to search.
You can narrow your search by selecting a particular type of therapy from the drop down list.
Alternatively you can search for a therapist by name.