Volunteer Opportunity at Wessex Cancer Trust in Cosham
Wessex Cancer Trust is seeking complementary therapists to volunteer at its Cosham Centre which is located on the High Street.
Wessex Cancer Trust Cancer Support Centres offer a safe and supportive place where people living with cancer can access local non-clinical support including; counselling, complementary therapy, advice, information and support from volunteer befrienders. People visiting the centre will either have direct experience of cancer, be bereaved, or have someone close to them who has cancer. Volunteer therapists provide complementary therapies to patients, families and carers at all stages of their cancer journey.
You can volunteer for one morning or afternoon a week, or give more time if you’re are able to. A Disclosure and Baring Scheme check is required for this volunteer role (formerly called a CRB), at no cost to the volunteer, and guidance will be given on this.
Skills and Experience:
- Adequate professional training, professional indemnity insurance, membership of appropriate professional body.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-professional team
- Ability to work in a flexible, mature, compassionate and confidential manner.
- Good listening skills & a non-judgemental approach
- Have empathy for patients, families and carers living with cancer
- Commitment to following WCT policies and professional guidelines.
Added: 2016-08-12 11:59:32.757
Back to news page
Search the Register
To find a local complementary therapist, enter your own postcode or town/city and select how many miles from there that you want to search.
You can narrow your search by selecting a particular type of therapy from the drop down list.
Alternatively you can search for a therapist by name.