Volunteer Oppotunity for massage therapists and nutritional therapists at Body & Soul in London
Body & Soul is seeking massage therapists and nutritional therapists to volunteer at its premises in London. CNHC registration preferred.
Body & Soul is a charity promoting the respect, dignity and wellbeing of children, teenagers, adults and families living with and affected by HIV in an environment of aspiration. The centre is a safe place set up to help people deal with the everyday challenges that HIV sets before them and the people they love.
Complementary therapy provision is central to its holistic therapy service.
Volunteers work closely with the therapy coordinator and are referred clients on an individual needs basis. Successful candidates will work in the purpose built well-being floor that has 6 fully equipped therapy rooms.
- To be willing and able to offer a weekly commitment of at least three hours on a Thursday evening between the hours of 4.30pm – 8.30pm
- Minimum commitment of six months
- Ability to form relationships with a variety of young adults
- Non-judgemental, adaptable and open-minded
- Ability to use own initiative
- Passionate about Body & Soul’s aims
In return you will receive:
- A full induction/training programme
- Ongoing training from established professionals
- Ongoing support from Head of Volunteer Programmes/Therapy Coordinator
- Recognition programme
If you have any questions please get in touch with Hollie (Head of Volunteer Programmes) on 0207 923 6880 or email@example.com
Added: 2016-08-02 14:53:24.783
Back to news page
Search the Register
To find a local complementary therapist, enter your own postcode or town/city and select how many miles from there that you want to search.
You can narrow your search by selecting a particular type of therapy from the drop down list.
Alternatively you can search for a therapist by name.