Volunteer Opportunity at UCH Macmillan Cancer Centre
UCH Macmillan Cancer Centre seeks Complementary Therapist Volunteer to deliver complementary therapy sessions to cancer patients/their family/carers. The therapies provided are aromatherapy, massage, reflexology, relaxation and reiki.
Qualifications and skills required
- To have studied and qualified in one or more of aromatherapy, massage, reflexology or reiki at a recognised college/school (ITEC equivalent) and have been practicing your therapies for at least 1 year. Registration with CNHC is desirable but not essential. However your qualifications need to meet the CNHC entry requirements
- To have your own insurance
- Experience of delivering therapies in a health care setting/understanding of what this entails
- Adaptability: the ability to be able to adapt your therapy to a patient’s needs
- Self-sufficiency: the ability to operate with a minimal level of supervision
- To have a friendly and approachable manner
- To be understanding and flexible in responding to peoples’ needs
- Term: 1 year
- Hours: 4 hours per week, weekdays
- Location: London
- Closing date: 27 July 2016
Added: 2016-07-14 11:15:38.44
Back to news page
Search the Register
To find a local complementary therapist, enter your own postcode or town/city and select how many miles from there that you want to search.
You can narrow your search by selecting a particular type of therapy from the drop down list.
Alternatively you can search for a therapist by name.