Volunteer Opportunity for CNHC registered aromatherapists and massage therapists
Kingston Hospital is seeking qualified therapists, specialising in aromatherapy massage or holistic massage, to work on a voluntary basis as part of their team of complementary therapists within the Information and support centre. CNHC registrants are invited to apply.
Candidates must be fully insured and in addition to CNHC registration will need to be a member of a professional association such as FHT or CTha.
The centre is based within the Sir William Rous Unit cancer unit at Kingston hospital, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey. It offers complementary therapies to cancer diagnosed patients and their carers.
The individual must be enthusiastic and compassionate
What Kingston hospital is looking for:
- Available a minimum of two hours per week upto a maximum of four hours. The unit is open Monday to Friday. Anyone able to work on Monday morning or Friday afternoon is particularly welcome.
- Qualification to practise from a recognised body - Level 3 or above
- Up to date insurance documents
- Satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service certificate (Kingston hospital will apply & pay on your behalf) and references.
- Occupational health checks will be carried out by the Hospital.
- Applicants will be required to sign a “Licence to attend”
What is offered:
- First-hand experience and practice working with cancer patients and their carers.
- Incentives such as access to study days and workshops.
- One to one supervision if required
- Treatment room, couch, towels and oils provided
- Client appointments arranged
- Travel expenses reimbursed
This is an excellent opportunity for massage therapists, to develop their skills and expertise within a professional and supportive NHS environment.
Added: 2016-04-20 12:11:56.69
Back to news page
Search the Register
To find a local complementary therapist, enter your own postcode or town/city and select how many miles from there that you want to search.
You can narrow your search by selecting a particular type of therapy from the drop down list.
Alternatively you can search for a therapist by name.