Opportunity to volunteer as a massage therapist in a London GP surgery
Would you like the opportunity to share your skills massaging in a GP setting?
Hands Inc is a registered charity established to help tackle health inequalities amongst those in society that experience social and economic disadvantages.
The charity is looking for qualified Volunteer Therapists who can provide massage in the weekly clinic held at a busy NHS surgery in Hackney between 10-4.30pm on a Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. If you have any other added treatments that would be a bonus for example reflexology, deep tissue or aromatherapy. CNHC registrants are welcome to apply.
Expenses are paid however the therapist should be within easily commutable distance of Hackney.
- Opportunity to work in a GP setting
- A valuable learning experience and opportunity to support people in the community
- Monthly supervision to help with professional development. The sessions can also count towards CPD points
- Monthly practice meetings for therapist working in off-site clinics
- Opportunities to access other training
- Being part of an organisation helping to increase access to wellbeing activities for marginalised members of the community
- Weekly commitment to volunteer at the Clinic
- A minimum of 1 year voluntary commitment, there are a few 6 months opportunities
- Professionalism in attitude, approach and quality of service delivery
- Attendance at supervision, practice meetings or training
- Professional Insurance
- Carry out administrative tasks related to the service provided ie, client screening and monitoring
- Ability to work in isolation and as part of a team
Closing date: 16th February 2016
For more info contact: Eileen at email@example.com or 0203 051 8626
For further details about Hands Inc visit: www.handsinc.co.uk
Added: 2016-01-26 14:39:19.673
Back to news page
Search the Register
To find a local complementary therapist, enter your own postcode or town/city and select how many miles from there that you want to search.
You can narrow your search by selecting a particular type of therapy from the drop down list.
Alternatively you can search for a therapist by name.