Volunteer Opportunities at Marie Curie Hospice in Bradford
Marie Curie seeks volunteer complementary therapist for Bradford Hospice
CNHC registrants are welcome to apply.
Working with other members of the interdisciplinary medical team, you will assess, plan and record complementary therapy treatments, and help to ensure that the highest quality of care is given to our patients. Whether your skills are in aromatherapy, Reiki, or another complementary therapy from the list below, you will play a vital role in the team.
- Massage (Swedish/Holistic/Indian Head /Remedial)
- Yoga and Relaxation
- A recognised diploma or degree level qualification
- At least one year s experience of private or professional practice
- To be registered with a recognised professional body with the relevant code of practice to which you operate
- Your own professional indemnity insurance of 3 million
- A good understanding of confidentiality
- Good communication and people skills
- To be reliable and responsible
- Understanding and empathy for the feelings of patients, carers and others
- An Enhanced Disclosure check
- The minimum age for this role is 18
Volunteers will receive one to one induction training.
Oils, towels and other equipment are provided.
Expenses will be covered.
Added: 2015-07-07 12:49:13.267
Back to news page
Search the Register
To find a local complementary therapist, enter your own postcode or town/city and select how many miles from there that you want to search.
You can narrow your search by selecting a particular type of therapy from the drop down list.
Alternatively you can search for a therapist by name.