Volunteer complementary therapists required by The Disability Foundation
TDF is seeking qualified therapists specialising in aromatherapy, massage therapy, craniosacral therapy and reflexology to deliver services on a voluntary basis and to play a meaningful role in this established charity.
TDF is a small registered charity based in the grounds of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, in Stanmore, Middlesex. TDF offers complementary therapies to anyone affected by a disability, chronic illness or medical health condition, whether seen or unseen, and anyone involved in their care.
What TDF is looking for:
- Commitment of six to twelve months
- Available 4 hours per week. TDF is open Monday to Saturday
- Qualification to practice from a recognised body - Level 3 or above
- Up to date insurance documents
- Satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service certificate (TDF will apply & pay on your behalf) and two references
What is offered:
- First-hand experience and practice working with disabled people, their carers and those with long-term health conditions
- Mentoring and support from TDF’s experienced senior therapists
- Treatment room, towels and oils provided where required
- Client appointments arranged
- Hours worked contribute towards CPD points
- Travel expenses up to £7.00 per day
This is an excellent opportunity for practitioners both newly qualified and experienced, to develop their skills and expertise within a professional and supportive environment.
Added: 2015-07-06 11:13:48.457
Back to news page
Search the Register
To find a local complementary therapist, enter your own postcode or town/city and select how many miles from there that you want to search.
You can narrow your search by selecting a particular type of therapy from the drop down list.
Alternatively you can search for a therapist by name.