University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre seeks volunteer complementary therapists
University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre is looking for complementary therapists to provide therapies on a voluntary basis. Practitioners will be based in the Macmillan Support and Information Service on the ground and lower ground floor of the UCH Macmillan Cancer Centre, Huntley Street
London WC1E 6DH. CNHC registration is desirable.
The UCH Macmillan Cancer centre provides a range of therapies to patients and their carers. These are currently massage, aromatherapy, reflexology and reiki. Successful applicants will be qualified in and practising at least two of these therapies.
Most of the treatments will be delivered from a therapy room. All towels, supplies and equipment is provided and appointments are pre arranged.
Requirements for the role:
- Availability to work for 3.5 -4 hours a week on a Monday a.m. or p.m.
- 1yr commitment to the role
- Support and mentoring from the complementary therapy team
- First hand experience of working with cancer patients and their carers
- Access to cancer-related learning resources, ad hoc training opportunities and Macmillan Learnzone for (optional) ongoing learning and development
- Travel expenses reimbursed
Closing date: 25th February 2013
Interviews: morning of 11th March 2013
If you are interested in finding out more details or for an application form please email email@example.com
Added: 2013-01-31 13:44:16.937
Back to news page
Search the Register
To find a local complementary therapist, enter your own postcode or town/city and select how many miles from there that you want to search.
You can narrow your search by selecting a particular type of therapy from the drop down list.
Alternatively you can search for a therapist by name.