The Disability Foundation (TDF) seeks volunteer complementary therapists
The Disability Foundation is looking for CNHC registered practitioners specialising in aromatherapy, craniosacral therapy, hypnotherapy, massage, reflexology, Reiki and Shiatsu to provide complementary therapies for disabled people and their carers on a voluntary basis.
Based in the grounds of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, London, TDF offers low-cost complementary therapies to anyone affected by a disability or chronic ill-health (whether seen or unseen), their families, carers and NHS staff. TDF also offers therapies to the non-disabled public.
- Work 4 hrs per week
- Opportunities to work in evening (6 – 10 pm) and on the weekend
- 6-month commitment required
- First-hand experience and practice working with disabled people, their carers and those with long-term health conditions
- Supervision from a mentor
- Treatment room, towels and oils provided
- Client appointments arranged
- Travel expenses covered
If you are interested please email TDF only at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your e-mail, please specify which therapy/ies you would be able to offer and send a copy of your CV.
Added: 2013-01-16 16:09:36.033
Back to news page
Search the Register
To find a local complementary therapist, enter your own postcode or town/city and select how many miles from there that you want to search.
You can narrow your search by selecting a particular type of therapy from the drop down list.
Alternatively you can search for a therapist by name.